Tuesday, November 20, 2007

#13 Blog about technology

This is the sort of essay question one sets students when you want them occupied and out of your hair for ages. I feel like I can't apply myself to a sincere, well thought-out response. So I'll just babble for 100-150 words.....

I don't know anyone who resists technology; people just pick and choose what they like to use. I worked with someone (quite recently) who refused to use email! I sort of found the very existence of him frightening. Nothing I could say to him - even offering to train him - would bring him around. It was an ideological thing, like who you vote for. Yet he used a computer, and all sorts of applications to manage his vast collection of books and pictures.

I like knowing about what's out there. I'm pressed for time, and that makes me grumpy sometimes. I'm glad we've had the chance to work though some of these things so far. Like I say to my little girl: you don't have to eat it, but you do have to try it.

No comments: